95 not out
Elsternwick Croquet Club celebrated the 95th birthday of member Ruth Puryer at an afternoon tea on Sunday 15 July.
Ruth has been playing croquet for 35 years, taking it up when she retired, and is still sprightly, cheery and an active player. Possibly the positive effects of 35 years playing Association Croquet!
Thanks to Mike Cohn
On Tuesday 17 July Mike Cohn attended his final meeting as Immediate Past President of Croquet Victoria, and was presented with a plaque honouring his eleven years of service to Council.
Mike served as a member of the Committee of Management; as Vice President; and as President for nearly six years, to August 2016.
| News Date: 2018-08-02 |
Posted by: John van der Touw
Posted on: 2018-08-02
News Type: Golf
New GC rules from 1 January 2019
The World Croquet Federation has approved new rules for Golf Croquet. Detail is available via the GC page on this website.
Croquet Australia has decided that in Australia the new rules will be implemented from 1 January next year.
In the meantime, Victoria's GC Referee Coordinator John van der Touw has a plan for sharing information about the changes.
Updating yourself on the new rules:
- There is a link to the WCF site with the new rules on the GC page on this website
- This page also links to the official WCF overview of the changes and to an analysis by John describing the main points
- An article has been submitted to the August edition of Malletsports summarising the changes.
Spreading information about the new rules:
- John has lined up one referee from each country region to act as a "New Rules representative" for that region. John will take this role for the four Metro regions.
- A one-day "New Rules" workshop for the New Rules representatives has been organised for 26 September.
- In country regions, each regional representative will then run workshops on the new Rules for referees and players in their region.
- For the metro regions, John is planning to run three or four half-day workshops on the new Rules in October-December, each at a different club. Members will be welcome to attend any workshop which is convenient to them.
As with the old Rules, if players have questions about any points in the new Rules, John is happy for them to contact him via email to email@example.com.
VCA GC Men's and Women's Championships
The first tournament of the new season was well attended, and we welcomed a few new faces from Warragul, Belmont and Williamstown.
Seven rounds were played on Saturday, with the finalists not being decided until the last round on Sunday morning.
The website was unavailable from 7.45 pm on Wednesday 22 August until 10.00 am on Friday 24 August due to an incident at the hosting data center.
Everything has been restored from backups and appears to be in order. Please contact the webmaster if you become aware of any problems with your club or player data.
Victorian Croquet Centre, 65 Nobel Banks Drive, Cairnlea, Vic 3023
03 8361 8887
Office hours: Mon-Thu: 9am-4pm, Fri: 9am-3pm, Sat-Sun: closed
© 2007-2018 Victorian Croquet Association Inc: A0001530E ABN: 91 903 271 264
Patron - The Honourable Linda Dessau AC, Governor of Victoria