CROQUET - still a secret?
Put people in the picture
WIN $1000! Gain exposure!
Tertiary students under 30 are invited to submit a 3-minute YouTube video promoting croquet.
Links to the best entries will be published here and on the Croquet Victoria Facebook page.
Video clips will be considered for inclusion in a forthcoming professional Croquet Victoria film.
The judging panel will award three prizes.
- $1000 first prize
- $500 each to two runners up
The competition is open to any student who enrolled in a tertiary course in 2018 and is aged under 30 as at 1 December 2018.
Monday 1 October 2018
Saturday 1 December
Closing date. Submissions due by 5 pm.
Free downloadable poster (PDF format) - feel free to share this.
WHAT'S the secret?
Visit a croquet club and find out!
Make a 3 minute video that
- shows the pleasures of croquet
- excites curiosity
- most of all, makes people want to have a go
Some possible ideas:
- a documentary focusing on some aspect of playing croquet - interviews with players, story of a croquet club, bio of a champion player, a high tension moment in a game
- a collage of croquet equipment with music backing
- an action story incorporating croquet
- a song and dance
- an advertisement designed to sell croquet to Millennials
or something else that we haven't thought of at all.
We're looking for an imaginative piece which will get young people interested.
Interested in entering?
Get in touch with our Marketing and Publicity subcommittee
Contact your local croquet club - see croquetvic.asn.au/contact.php
Download the submission and permission forms - see panel on right.
- Duration: 3 minutes or less
- Format: MP4
- Upload to YouTube
- Send in your video on a USB stick or DVD, with the submission form and participant release forms, including a link to the YouTube video.
You can use an iPad/iPhone camera or any camera set appropriately for save or export to MP4 format.
- Shoot at the highest quality your camera can manage, to be viewed on PAL - eg 1920, 1080p, 25 Frames ps.
- Preferably set screen at 1280 x 720 pixels
- Post Production lightroom work, if you need to do this: Export settings are Key Frame 5, Max render quality, MP4 format
JUDGING and ANNOUNCEMENT OF PRIZEWINNERS
The judges panel will consist of members of the Marketing and Publicity sub-committee, who will prepare a short list, plus two experts who will join them to review the short list and select the winners.
JUST ANNOUNCED: The expert judges for this competition will be Bob Grieve of Dreampool Productions, and Victoria University academic Sonja Kiernan.
Judges and their families are not eligible to enter the competition.
Results will be notified to the winners in early 2019, and announced via
- this website
- social media
- the Croquet Vic magazine Malletsports
The small print: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Name all participants and crew in credits
- Ensure any music is appropriately authorised or copyright free
- Make the location clear
- No participants under 18 years
- Provide a submission form and signed release forms from all participants
- Croquet Victoria may submit the completed video to ABC Open or otherwise publish in whole or in part.
Downloadable forms are available here: